Sunday, 11 March 2007

Focus on New Zealand

I'm back from Oz with a band on my finger and a hankering for some World Cup cricket. Luckily for me, Cricinfo is there to keep that interest burning. The big brother of all cricket websites has turned its focus on New Zealand as it previews the cup. They start with the kind of statistical analysis which can keep boffins like me occupied for hours, and bores everyone else in seconds. They follow it up with something even more fascinating - John Wright has produced a six minute long podcast in which he tells us that the New Zealand team is the most balanced at the World Cup and the side best prepared to cope with the conditions.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Being the big brother doesn't stop them from making mistakes. New Zealand has made it to four semis (as my history of previous Cups outlined.