Sunday, 16 March 2008

Ben on...our beloved Basin

I've managed to squeeze about a total of a whole day's worth of cricket watching at the fantastic Basin Reserve over the past few days. It is such a pleasant ground to be at, especially for test cricket. I had my two-year old there and there is plenty of room for him to roam. Mt Victoria looming behind the bank. The white picket fence (though the new name plates make the pales look a bit like roadside crosses). Just 10 minutes walk from Courtney Place or Newtown.

I had always thought that everyone loved the Basin. However, I came across this forum thread at Sportsfreak. To each their own, but imagine trying to lounge in one of the Caketin's yellow seats for anything longer (or loungier) than on ODI.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your last link is wrong Ben. It leads to an ugly shot of Matthew Bell. Or maybe that was the point?

Ben said...

It's a gallery of photos from the test. Most of the photos are of NZ wickets, but that's mostly what happened yesterday. Kind of the point I suppose, though photo 11 is also representative of the last two hours or so.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I meant the link to the Sports Freak forum. I am pretty sure that should not have led to the pic of Bell.

Ben said...

Right. Fixed it.