Tuesday, 19 July 2005

A letter to the Dominion Post

Dear Sir,

So the Dominion-Post isn’t going to provide coverage of the cricket tour to Zimbabwe (editorial of 18 July). After rightly complaining about the lack of action by the government and the ICC on this troubled issue you decide to take action which will: punish cricket fans and New Zealand Cricket; do nothing for the people of Zimbabwe; and leave the government, the ICC and Robert Mugabe utterly indifferent. By the same token I should boycott the drycleaner that sits next to the dairy which used to sell me your peevish and petulant little rag.

Yours sincerely,
Mike Thorn

3 comments:

Karl said...

Mark today as the day Mike became an old man, spending his time writing letters to the editor... ;-)

Mike said...

I have written many letters to the editor in my time. Raging against the cultural elitism inherant in government funding the NZ Ballet but not Flying Nun; arguing in support of the smokefree laws etc etc. I am more worried about the letters I occasionally write to Council complaining about stupid traffic wardens and rubbish collection.

Anonymous said...

Mike I like your letter. It's just a pity that they didn't publish it. I believe the reason they gave for not publishing was that it was "too long" - whatever!