Monday, 20 March 2006

Wellington's weather

On Friday I took shorts, a t-shirt, jeans, a jersey and a woolly hat to the Basin. At one stage I was too hot and had to move into the shade of a friendly pohutukawa tree, but by the end of the day I was wearing all the clothes I had taken. Plus the blanket I took to sit on.

The forecast for today is for showers and for a gently northerly to be replaced by a southerly. I just hope that southerly doesn't take too long to get here. At the moment the city is blanketed in low cloud and drizzle and the northerly is too gentle to do anything other than swirl the rain around a little. I can't see play getting underway on time and, knowing the smell of this kind of weather, I can't see it getting underway at all unless there is a decent shift in the wind.

No comments: