Tuesday, 9 November 2004

Latest PWC ratings

Karl saved me the bother of analysing the latest PWC ODI ratings by doing it himself. And this is what he discovered:

Scott Styris has hit his best all-rounder rating in ODIs and is in the top 30 for batting and bowling after New Zealand's predictable demolition of Bangladesh. The series saw no changes in the top tens, mainly because none of the players in either team was in the top ten. Fleming held on to 13th place, while Vettori has moved up five to 13th, continuing his successful tour.


With that Scott Styris news, I was kinda glad I didn't have to break this to you myself. And I will dispute the "none of the players in either team was in the top ten" bit of Karl's analysis. My quick scan of the tables showed that Jacob Oram is still the fifth best one-day bowler in the world.

2 comments:

Karl said...

Mike - I should have made it clear that I did a copy and paste from the PWC sites newsreleases. And they say there was "no change in the top tens", i.e. Oram was no.5 before the series and that hasn't changed.

Mike said...

And I guess technically they (and you) were right Karl. Jake wasn't actually in the team at the time because he was being rested up for the Australian tour. But the ratings are clearly all screwed up anyway if Scott Styris is rated a better allrounder than Chris Cairns, Andrew Flintoff or Jacques Kallis!