Tuesday, 1 November 2005

Segregated cricket grounds

I like this move by New Zealand Cricket. In future cricket grounds will have a designated "National Bank Neighbourhood" which will provide a space for families and those who just want to watch cricket without having to sit next to the usual braying idiots. The best part of this move is that the "National Bank Neighbourhood" is not a dry zone - so Dad and the cloth-capped Grandad (and probably me) can still have the odd beer or two if they choose.

To balance this move New Zealand Cricket has also decided to have an "Export Gold Zone" to cater for those "looking for a party experience at the cricket". I wonder if the person who came up with this idea has studied ancient Greek history? I just have this image in my head of a smiling Martin Snedden inviting all the "party people" into one section of the ground and those people entering that section, never to return. If this is his plan, I hope he gets that guy with the whistle who sat behind me at the Stadium last year...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They're even going to have bouncers, affectionately called "Neighbourhood Watch Crew"