Thursday, 27 October 2005

Preview of the 2nd one-dayer

Reading Neil Manthorp's paranoid ramblings made me wonder if he is alone in his thoughts, or whether the rest of the South African press corps has the same warped view of the world. So I headed over the the website of daily paper the Cape Times. And what do I find? A preview of the second one-dayer which talks about how great Scott Styris is. All my worst fears for the mental wellbeing of South African cricket writers have just been confirmed.

Also of interest in the Cape Times is this article about the form slump being experienced by Jacques Kallis and Herschelle Gibbs. I won't say "long may it continue", but I will cross my fingers and hope that the big scores don't come until after New Zealand has left South Africa's shores.

No comments: