Sunday, 16 October 2005

Poll results and a new poll

My last poll focussed on bad cricket management. I asked you which organisations you believed were morally bankrupt, corrupt and/or inept. The BCB (Bangladesh) is seen as the best organisation, attracting no votes. The ECB (England) and NZC attracted 1 vote apiece - perhaps because of perceived weakness on the Zimbabwe front. The ACB (Australia) attracted two votes, the UCB (South Africa) four, the SLCB (Sri Lanka) nine and the PCB (Pakistan) eleven. We then take a leap into the darkness as we come up against those perceived as really villainous. The WICB (West Indies) drew 14 votes, which put it only slightly below Robert Mugabe's ZCU (Zimbabwe, 18 votes) and the BCCI (India, 20 votes). Topping the list, not without much surprise, comes the ICC itself which "won" this contest with 21 votes.

My new poll looks at the Super Series. I want you to tell me how super you think it is. I enjoyed visiting Melbourne and my time at the Telstradome, but the performances of the World XI indicate that the competition might be short-lived. Do you think the experiment should continue, or is it time to pull the plug on the World? To help make up your mind, Louisa Wall and Mark Richardson have both kindly written columns on the topic in the New Zealand Herald.

3 comments:

Rick Eyre said...

Isn't it just possible that no one voted for the BCB because no one who voted (or considered voting) in the poll knew much about them?

Mike said...

Absolutely. But I also suspect that not knowing anything about a board implies that they are either competent and incorruptable, or clever enough to get away with it. And given the complete lack of cleverness shown by the other boards of the world, I would find the latter hard to credit.

Unknown said...

Just for the record, I voted for everyone except Bangladesh.