Thursday, 12 May 2005

More Shoaib Akhtar quotes

Shoaib today admitted to be heart-broken and confused about his ommission from the Pakistan side. Confused? What is there to be confused about? Well:

"What puzzles me the most is that nobody is willing to tell me whether I have been dropped on fitness grounds or disciplinary reasons or for not appearing before PCB's medical commission to prove fitness."


What part of "Shoaib Akhtar was left out of the Pakistan squad for the tour of West Indies on disciplinary grounds" (his captain, Inzamam al-Haq, on 6 May) did Shoaib not understand?

Luckily for Shoaib it turns out that he has lots of fans around the world to make him feel better. "Internationally, I am tagged as a hard worker and someone who wants to perform and that's why people love me", he said. Hmmm. A much loved hard worker? Oh dear, no wonder Shoaib has complained about being confused.

No comments: